Getting around is as easy as Santa Barbara living itself. From the center of downtown, just about anywhere you would
want to be is no more than 3 miles from anything else. The highlighted portion of the map below shows our recommended
areas for accommodations and for play.
From the Airport to Downtown:
The distance from the Santa Barbara Airport (SBA) to the downtown area is about 16 miles. There are a few options for
traveling from SBA to downtown.
- Airport Shared Super Ride Shuttle The trip costs about $13/person and onsite is generally on a first come, first serve basis, or can be reserved prior by calling (805) 683-9636 or online at http://www.superride.net/.
- Airport Taxi There is always a taxi stand of available taxis at SBA. You can expect to pay $30 to $35 per trip, not exceeding four (4) people.
- Car Rental The major car rental services (e.g., Hertz, Enterprise) are onsite at the airport.
Around the Downtown Area:
Once you are in the downtown area (the light portion highlighted on the map above), getting around is fairly easy.
The following are some recommendations:
- Taxis are the most convenient option. While many taxi services are great, we recommend the following two: Rock Star Taxi (805) 882-9191 or Lucky Cab (805) 564-8500.
- An electric shuttle cruises State Street; traveling roundtrip from Valerio Street to the Pier/Beach. It costs a whopping 25 cents per trip.
- Walking, walking, walking. It is a great way to experience this beautiful town.
- Pedi-cabs. Yes, that's right, we have modern day "rickshaws" running wild in Santa Barbara. Flag one and be prepared to pay roughly $3/block for the slow tour behind a hard working cyclist.
- Open air trolleys have been hired to take guests from the Ceremony site to the Reception site. They will make several trips, so please don't be alarmed if you do not catch the first one. For out of town guests, we recommend taking a taxi to the Ceremony and taking advantage of the trolleys to get to the Reception site.
- Jet packs. Never mind, that's just our wishful thinking.
Addresses to Know:
- Rehearsal Dinner: Our Home: 1209 E. Haley, Santa Barbara, CA, 93103: Map
- Ceremony: Riviera Theater: 2044 Alameda Padre Serra, Santa Barbara, CA, 93103: Map
- Reception: Arts & Letters Café: 7 East Anapamu Street, Santa Barbara, CA 93101: Map
- The Beach BBQ the Next Day: 811 Shoreline Drive, Santa Barbara, CA, 93109: Map
- DeLong Family: The Cheshire Cat Inn: 36 West Valerio, Santa Barbara, CA, 93101: Map